[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Apple FINALLY releases a Lightning Dock....
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:28 pm 

...for the 5/6/6+.

No recess for the phone to sit in which means its a return to a Universal Dock. No inserts, and does mean that you don't need a new dock each time you upgrade your iPhone if you like that kind of thing.

I know lots of people aren't keen on leaving the phone in a dock, but I never leave it in charging, it's nice just to be able to have it stood up and it have a proper place on the desk.

It is pricey at £35, but it's the only one you'd need for a while. And, some of the third party ones out there are either really OTT and expensive, or look a bit naff.

Link . I'll be purchasing just because I like neat, matching stuff as it appeals to my slightly OCD nature :lol:

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:51 am 

Why don't people like leaving an iPhone charging in a dock designed for charging? Mine is put on the dock every night so it can charge up overnight.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Mine too, but it's made of Oak ;-)

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:27 am 

I would use my WoodPad but it doesn't work too well with the Lightning cable.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:36 am 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:41 am 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:06 am 

For the sheer pedantry of it, Apple has released a lightning dock before, for the 5c.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:06 am 

And the 5s - which is what I have.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:03 pm 

Well, I remember in the past being shot down for leaving a phone in the dock charging: it's what I used to do with my 5 as it needed it after a days use!

My reference to Apple finally releasing a dock was aimed more at the fact they've left it so long after the introduction of the 6/6+ when really this is something that should have been released the day of launch!

I tried to figure out a way I may be able to modify my old 5 dock before I let my Dad have it so I didn't have to worry about finding one, but I knew I'd never achieve the finish of a properly finished product so I let it go and commenced with my internet search!

I was leaning towards the , but $89 was a bit steep: I couldn't justify that cost. A lot of people really rate the , but I don't think it looks that good to be honest. At least it looks like I could get the iPhone on the new dock with a case on: just a little concerned that there is no rear support, but Apple have obviously considered this (one would hope at least!).

I'd love a WoodPad Duo, it'd be perfect if I could tuck my cables underneath rather than having to charge it landscape. It is purely an aesthetic reason for me, else I'd have one in a shot! 2 devices, 2 cables, one stand: perfect!

I guess this is one advantage of getting a 'new' iPhone model later down the line :lol:

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:43 am 

I also have one of these which includes the USB cable so you don't have to use the Apple-supplied one or buy another.

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:17 pm 

I had been looking at those a few weeks ago. I'm going tomato no excuses, I am just really fussy: what does it look like parked next to the iMac with a phone in? Any chance of a photo?

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:15 am 

Mine is sitting on the sideboard in the lounge rather than by my iMac. I will move it and take a photo when I can but it won't be today as I'm driving to Devon and back.

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:26 pm 

And for the lucky iWatch people how about this also accommodates the iPhone.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS