[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Me and my iPad
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post subject: Me and my iPad
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:49 am 

I love my iPad, using it primarily for reading ebooks (mostly on digital photography, because of the 'multimedia' aspect of digital books), videos (I still record music documentaries on DVD, rip them for the iPad and watch them that way), but probably the most important reason why I love my iPad is because my granddaughters love it as well. They call me 'Daddy Cool', but I call myself 'iDad'.
Any way, to make a long story short: I do have my griefs.
For instance, the introduction of iBooks (and subsequent removal of books from iTunes) resulted in a lot of trouble, just because I wanted to add a newly acquired ebook to the iPad, in order to read it 'on the way' (or in the settee). In the end I had to use the synchronize method, as a result of which I have now lost lots and lots of music (luckily all is on the iMac).
What I am now looking for is some tool with which I can view and possibly edit the contents of my iPad. Last week, when our youngest granddaughter was visiting (she stayed over for a night, keeping us awake), we played one of these wellness & dressup (beauty parlor) games that little girls seem to like; at the end of the interactive show, I took a picture of her with the result of her hard work, from within the app. I was then presented the opportunity to send it through email to someone in my address book. I should have picked my own name, but I picked her father's (my youngest son's) email address and sent it off.
I asked him yesterday whether he received the photo, but no, he hadn't. He had received an ad from the company that designed the app and as he (now) knew his daughter loved the game, downloaded it onto his own iPad.

Question: is there any way to explore what files are on the iPad and where they are all located. I bet I would be able to retrieve the file we must have created.

Post subject: Re: Me and my iPad
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:06 pm 

A following iPad question:
this afternoon, a friend on Windows (yes, I have one or two of them :oops:) stopped by to discuss a couple of issues he was having on his iPad. I was able to answer most of his questions, and fix a few of those issues, but I couldn't answer his question whether the iPad should have any AV protection or not.
I said I didn't need it with Mac, but I'm not so sure about his iPad, as he hooks up to a Win machine.
Is there anyone here among us who has any AV on the iPad (or iPhone), and what software is to be preferred in that case? Thanks in advance.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:37 pm 

Nope, none on mine.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:23 am 

Thanks BBW. I'll also check on my Belgian forum, although that might stir up a discussion between Mac-kers and Win-users.

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:12 pm 

Yep, me and my iPad again.
For quite some time now, I have been seeing this:

or more than half of my iPad2's capacity (64GB) taken by "Other".

Today, I tried every trick in the book mentioned here: http://technologyfueled.com/ipad-tricks ... -your-ipad

But to no avail, until I did a reset and afterwards a restore from backup (last suggestion mentioned in the article).
Everything back, except for my music, but what I wanted from my music collection is meanwhile up and running, and I've still got about half of my iPad2 free again.

Oh, I would welcome a decent iDevice explorer, something like WhatSize for iPad/iPhone would be ideal. I did try out a couple of 'cleaning' apps linked in this article: http://www.imobie.com/support/spring-cl ... ne-mac.htm
Utter rubbish, including an app called Macgo IPhone Cleaner that I found through a search on Macupdate.

No idea what the contents were of this "Other", but for the time being, I've got rid of it, and I can add more music to my iPad before taking our traditional 2-week holiday at the Belgian coast in a couple of weeks from now.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS