[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iOS12 & High Sierra 10.13.6 incompatibility
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:57 pm 

On my iMac at work, I used to be able to charge my iPhone when it was on iOS 11 - I don’t need to sync using iTunes as that’s done at home. I only connect to USB cable to charge the iPhone while I work, so iTunes is not involved.

Since updating the iPhone to iOS 12 and also applying the latest High Sierra 10.13.6 update, I now get this message prompting me to update the Mac to 10.14 Mojave.

Snapshot:

Bit heavy-handed of Apple to force users to update to Mojave. Updating the OS isn’t planned at the moment as we need to be sure our software is compatible first. Ironically, it’s Apple saying it’s not compatible with its own hardware!

Anyway, just a heads up before you update to iOS 12 if you’re still on High Sierra or earlier.

* Witty statement goes here *

Last edited by MacOS10 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:10 pm 

Whew!?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:52 pm 

Last edited by MacOS10 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:02 am 

Well, great work on your part, thanks. :)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:18 pm 

I use iTunes 12.6.5, iOS 12 & High Sierra 10.13.6 & have no problems syncing any of my iOS devices.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:02 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:57 am 

I'm on Mojave and iTunes is 12.9.x on both Macs. I don't recall having a separate update so it must have been part of the process.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:31 am 

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:55 pm 

I dunno then, I know I’m not alone in this issue though

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 pm 

Also did the same on my MacBook at home too, just tried to sync and backup both my iPad and iPhone and got the same message. MacBook using the same combination - High Sierra 10.13.6, iTunes 10.8 and both devices on iOS 12.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:59 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:03 pm 

I have found this...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:54 am 

@MacOS10,

Where, in your screenshot, does Apple mention Mohave? Why do you think that you need to upgrade to Mohave in order to install the update to which the screenshot referred?

I am on Sierra, and recently got this same screenshot (without your name!) when I tried to establish a personal hotspot using a cable connection; I was away on a trip with my laptop.
I followed the instructions and some software was updated. What got updated? No clue.
I did not have to go to another version of the macOS in order to accomplish whatever needed to be accomplished.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 pm 

When clicked, the ”Learn More” button takes you to a web page specifically about Mohave. Bit misleading, I grant you, as the actual Install button doesn’t download Mojave but downloads “something else” - quite what that is nobody seems to know.

IMHO it’s sloppy coding from Apple, they’ve had plenty of time beta testing iOS 12 and Mohave to issue an iTunes/patch prior to launching both system updates to stop this misleading message from ever appearing.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:05 pm 

I believe Mo' Harvey is spelled Mojave?

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS