[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Moving music from Files to Music, iPad
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:20 pm 

I downloaded a zip file from Google Drive to Files, unzipped it, and now there's a folder of music files (originally from iTunes) that I can play individually.

So far, so good.

What I want to do is to put them in a playlist, and view the artwork. The Music app seems the right one, but how do I get the music FROM Files TO Music? I've tried every which way, and Googled, but am none the wiser.

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:37 pm 

I think (not sure, but from past experience) you usually would download the files from your library or transfer them from a Mac in the Music app. I don't think you can just move files into Music on iPad/iPhone. There is an app Waltr 2 that lets you drag/drop from any folder on a Mac to your iThing but Mac Music has improved over what was iTunes though demands a library.

Have a look at . I have it still but don't use it. I d/l from my library via iCloud. Libraries is the key, I'd say, without Waltr 2.

Happy to be told I'm wrong.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:06 pm 

iTunes/Music app on Mac and then sync to iPad. It’s the only way I know using Apple software.

iMazing is another app which it can be done with but again this is via Mac.

Apple don’t make it easy and have never really wanted you using anything but their software.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:19 pm 

As Jonah says, add the audio files to the Mac iTunes/Music app (and add them to an existing or newly created playlist), and then sync to any-or-all iDevices.
This is Apple's intended way, and there is nothing wrong with it. It is clear and foolproof, and playlists are carried over. They survive the journey.

You can use Waltr 2, but no need.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:42 pm 

I don't want to do it via a Mac - I've put music files on my iPad by uploading to iCloud on the Mac but again, this just dumps them in Files not Music.

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:51 am 

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:30 am 

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS