[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iCloud and Safari Reading List
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:41 pm 

I come across articles on the Internet on my desktop computer that I wish to read later sitting in a nice comfy chair using an iPad. So I add these articles/webpages to my reading list. And so, the next time I go to my iPad, these webpages appear in my Safari reading list. I tap on an item in the reading list, and it loads in Safari – ready to read. I have been doing this for a long time without a hitch.

For the last month or so, however, it takes ”forever” for the page to load in Safari on the iPad. This has nothing to do with my Internet connection, nor does it have to do with my Wi-Fi speed. They are both very fast and totally consistent. This, I strongly believe, is not the source of the problem.
I have also shut down the iPad as a problem-solving attempt.

Is anyone else having difficulty with retrieving iCloud-stored information in a timely manner?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:46 pm 

Apple has been having a few sync issues (a lot for them) lately, interfering with iCloud services. To be honest, I've not seen anything myself obvious, even when there are third party reports of outages.

At the time of typing, there are reports of fixes on the Status page. Maybe you got caught up in one of the incidents?

Or this is beggar all to do with your problem, but I have nothing else to offer.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:07 pm 

Thanks, loughor.
Never saw that page before.

It would seem to indicate that Apple has been experiencing difficulties in the area of my issue.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:43 pm 

iCloud has had issues for months, if not years, for some users. For me, bookmarks in Safari aren’t syncing properly, Reminders on Mac isn’t syncing with iPhone or iPad to name but two things.

Apple are getting slowly worse with things rather than better in my experience.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:38 pm 

Sorry(well - not sorry), but I need to resurrect this topic.

I have two iPads, and everything that I wrote previously in this topic is about only one of them:
5th generation
iPad6,12
A1823
March 2017
This device is an absolute dog when it comes to retrieving my reading list items; it often takes about two minutes to download a page.
Its other functions are fine; it does all else at an acceptable/normal speed.

I have now started to access my reading list on my second iPad:
5th generation mini
iPad11,1
A2133
March 2019
With this device, tap on a reading list item and the page is displayed immediately.

Needless to say, this happens with both devices in the same location, connected to a strong Wi-Fi signal.

Okay, the mini is newer, but…something must be wrong somewhere with the first device. But what is it?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:29 pm 

I've never used the Reading List but I just added a page in Safari on my 2019 iPad Air, and closed the tab I'd just saved .

I then quit Safari, relaunched, opened the RL and clicked the single item and it opened the page with no delay.

You do "Save pages to read offline", don't you?

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS