[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Which iPad?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post subject: Which iPad?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:05 am 

My daughter has three children (9, 7 & 5) and they all have iPads which are of an age to be no longer upgradeable and so unable to run some required modern programmes.

As it happens, I've never had an iPad, so am less knowledgeable as to what she might look for as replacements. A Google search suggests that the iPad 10.2, 7th or 8th generation are possible replacements (£340-ish on eBay). For a cash-strapped family though, this is a challenging price.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Many thanks,

Lorimer

Post subject: Re: Which iPad?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:57 pm 

I wouldn't know what to suggest. I always buy new and pass the replaced one to a family member for a low price to them.

Have a look at Music Magpie. They have a selection. Filter by things like condition. Again, no recommendation from me but I would use them over FleaBay any day. I have sold to MM and they delivered payment on time and to the value promised. Even if you only look to compare then that's maybe worth a few clicks.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:03 pm 

That is a fantastic piece of advice Loughor. It looks exactly the right website for us. Now just needing recommendations for would be the best one.

Thank you

Lorimer

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:21 pm 

I would certainly think that a Wi-Fi only iPad would do for these youngsters. Eliminating cell-connectivity brings down the price. And also eliminates cell-data charges.
It means, of course, that the device can only "be connected" when a Wi-Fi network is available. That may, or may not, be a deal-breaker.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:46 pm 

That's a good point Gail. Thanks.

Lorimer

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:41 pm 

You can tether an iPad to an iPhone with a data plan.

But for children of the ages mentioned, that probably won’t be an option.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:53 pm 

For kids that age, the basic iPad is more than adequate. For teens or older I'd say go with the Air which is probably the best iPad for everyday use, but for youngsters either second hand Minis or the basic iPad.

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS