[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iOS 16
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: iOS 16
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:19 pm 

iPhone only. Not even HomePod. The iPad is now firmly iPadOS and moving towards macOS so not in sync with iPhones, it seems.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:03 pm 

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:40 am 

I was grouching about lack of iPhone battery percentage on the lock screen to quickly see how charging is progressing when you can't see the small indicator top right. I had tried the Battery widget but it onlt showed AirPods level, which I don't care about. That is what is messing up the widget. If you have no AirPods, you get the iPhone. Pair AirPods and no, Apple think you don't want to see it any more. Why they decided not to show both is a mystery to me.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:55 am 

If you have a Watch, it will override the iPhone battery level and show you the Watch status.

Apple really know how to screw up such a simple thing as letting you choose which battery level you want to see.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:37 am 

D'oh! I didn't know that was in the mix :D There is still the 'old' widget I have on the 'scroll right' widget screen. Why they couldn't use that <shrug>?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:16 pm 

I was just concluding that my iPhone battery seemed to be discharging a little faster than usual. I thought "see if there is an update" and there is 16.0.3. It doesn't mention battery levels or security issues in the brief summary.

--edit--
P.S. WatchOS 9.0.2 as well.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:34 pm 

This is such an old - and in my opinion well-known - issue.

Every major update to the iOS results, it seems, in poorer battery performance. Sometimes due to additional features, sometimes due to preferences/settings changed by default, sometimes due to third-party apps not fully optimized for the new OS, sometimes due to the phone needing to "learn" how to function more efficiently.

It sorts itself out - to some degree - in time. Mostly :!:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:09 pm 

I've discovered - quite by chance - what most drains the phone battery. A week ago I had to put mine in Airplane Mode and forgot to switch back. Next time I came to retrieve my phone, which I keep permanently in sleep mode not powered off, the battery was twice the level it normally is for the period in question.

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:57 pm 

It was just a feeling with this iPhone. I did have it happen after an update on either my 6 or 8+, I can't remember which (I probably complained in here as per u.) but it was fixed quite quickly by Apple with another update. Even if it isn't over-draining now, it isn't bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get iOS 16.1 towards the end of the month when iPadOS 16.1 is rumoured to be released.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:55 am 

Battery life gets screwed with pretty much every OS change (I nearly said 'upgrade' then but thought better of it :D ) and then usually gets 'fixed' within a couple of updates. Surprisingly my iPhone appears not to have suffered this time.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:14 am 

Yes my battery graph is shallower today even though it wasn't horrific before. Maybe some apps were misbehaving in the background.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:45 pm 

iPadOS 16 has been released - but not yet in our third-world continent.
So look for it in the next days.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:18 pm 

iOS 16.1 just now available.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:01 pm 

watchOS 9.1 too.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:18 pm 

from CNET

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS