[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - How to transfer photo files to iPad mini
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:29 pm 

I have an old iPad mini that I only use mainly for checking and backing up raw photos from my Canon 90d camera when out in the field. I have used an Apple sd card reader before that worked ok. I learn that these CR3 files are not supported and Canon apps to remedy this are not compatible with this old iPad mini. So my question is this. How can I transfer these raw CR3 files from camera to iPad mini. I am thinking of an external drive of sorts that will read an sd card and be able to connect to my old iPad (lightning) that has NO sd port. Interested to hear your views.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:37 pm 

Two things I'm not clear on. Is it getting the pics from the Canon and/or getting them onto the iPad?

Doesn't the camera appear as a USB drive when connected to a Mac so you can drag'n'drop them?

From a Mac, you could Airdrop them over to the iPad.

Back when I had a Canon, I had CR2 raw files. They were easily converted using .

Sorry if I'm not being helpful.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:06 pm 

Thanks for the reply. All CR3 files are imported to my iMac ok using Image Capture. It is my old iPad that is the problem. I have concluded that the iPad cannot recognise the CR3 files due to it's age. So no matter what external storage I get it will always be the same unless Apple or Canon release a fix which I doubt. Fortunately my wife has a newer iPad which recognises these files ok.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:11 pm 

Then why not convert them to PNG, JPG or something?

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS