[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - How to change EarPods charging regime?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:01 am 

My EarPods have decided to delay charging to achieve a full charge at 08:00. This means that if I get up at 06:30 for instance, they are only charged to 70% or so.

I wonder why this charging regime was chosen, and can I change it?

Thanks,

Lorimer

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:17 am 

Do you mean AirPods? As far as I know they do not have a scheduled charge regime. They should just charge from the case whenever inside and with the lid closed. If they are charging slowly then maybe they are failing a bit.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:22 am 

Yes, AirPods of course. Well, this morning when I picked them up at 07:15, having been 'on charge' all night, the case showed a red light and when I held the open case against my iPhone, I saw the percentage charges of each EarPod and the case, together with the message "Charging will complete at 08:00" (or similar).

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

With the AirPods connected to your iPhone, go to settings on the iPhone> Bluetooth (newer OS will show connected AirPods at the top of settings), click on the Airpods, near the bottom of this screen is the option for Optimised Battery Charging.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:41 pm 

Thanks James,

Yes, all that you say is true, but I find that the only available option is to select 'Optimised Charging' ON or OFF. So I'll leave it on and maybe the phone will learn to finish earlier over time.

Not important anyway,

Many thanks,

Lorimer

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS