[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Football Thread
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Thread
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:59 pm 

Scotland tried harder and still couldn’t beat a poor England. You’d have thought they had beaten England 3-0 given the media love in for them.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:26 pm 

I think I was the only person to spot that when Mbappe controlled the long ball that started the move to their (French) goal, it slid down his arm while he was in the air competing for it. I was so sure, I rewound on the V6 and checked frame by frame. Ah well, I was not the VAR in that match. Also, what do I know?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:51 pm 

England seemed just a little livelier tonight. Nothing amazing. Kane, to me, was a waste of a player on the field. Yes he is good for Spurs but hasn't done much at all with England in this tournament. The commentator hardly mentioned him but I did hear one where he was getting in the way. Still - out next match I feel these plodders.

I didn't see the Scotland game. In the two I did see, they were a better spectacle than England.

Personal opinions.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:39 pm 

Scotland

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:40 pm 

England. Better first half, reverted to ‘tried and tested’ dull and dreary in the second. Can’t see progression past next round given what I’ve seen over the last three matches.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:41 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:50 pm 

Wales

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:55 pm 

I was not expecting England to beat Germany. Most of the match, the only mention Kane had was along the lines of "Kane has done nothing". Sterling wouldn't pass the ball and looked to just want the personal glory, then fluffed - many times. Two goals and who scored them? That showed me. It is easy to moan in my comfy swivel and recline chair. Best I have a sip of something.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:26 am 

I expected a dull 0-0 draw followed by yet another defeat on penalties and was expecting to post "So long, farewell" to England.

I was surprised but very happy with the result and thought England deserved the win. Germany didn't play as poorly as some people appear to think and had three notable chances, two very good saves from Pickford and a completely inexplicable miss by the usually reliable Muller.

England may not have had a lot of chances but when the big ones arrived, Sterling and Kane took them. I think Sterling was the driving force for England, driving at the German defence and he deserved the glory of the first goal. I still think Kane is nursing an injury as he is a shadow of his normal self despite scoring. Grealish made an impact with a pass to Shaw for the first goal and the assist for the second.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:58 pm 

I would have preferred Switzerland to win but that wasn't how it finished.

I see the Premier League Fantasy Football is open for new entries. Am I the only one here who enters? My provisional team is in but of course, may be changed up to the deadline.

I'd prefer Belgium in the current game, but only half time so any thing could happen.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:36 pm 

I don’t do any fantasy football because my prediction skills are zero! I rarely get match scores correct.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:16 am 

I'd not put money on a result. Not football or anything. Ditto the prediction, though it can be more likely that a Liverpool/MU/MC would beat a Burnley/Norwich/Brentford, but then shock horror, it goes the other way. I treat the FF as a game. I transfer players in and out on their performance and try to beat nephews and the son-in-law in a private league. It keeps the interest up.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:42 pm 

Well I never expected that result or that performance from England. Long may it continue.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:05 am 

What a tense, nervous evening that was. England were the better team overall, more possession, more chances, more shots on target. Denmark made it very hard which was not a surprise given the quality of their players. England would have scored more if Kasper Scheimechel wasn't such a good goalkeeper.

The penalty was a little fortunate but two Denmark players niggled at Sterling and in this day and age, players go down a lot easier and a penalty was given. Kane probably took one of his worst penalties but thankfully for English fans, he scored from the rebound.

Now for Italy on Sunday!

PS My heart rate reached 134 when Kane took the penalty!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:57 am 

I watched until the end of normal time as I had to be up early for a blood test appointment (done and now home). I didn't see the result until I was awake. I thought it would be settled with penalties at that time. I wasn't impressed with some of the England players. I felt that Mount and Phillips fluffed a lot and Kane and Sterling were not as effective as expectations. I expect others may disagree. Grealish is a professional foul-getter, speaking of tumbling players. He seems to attract trips, pushes and kicks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next

Board index » Couch