[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

...and still here to tell the tale!

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:17 pm 

:tu:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:49 am 

I was just mulling over a possible fridge/freezer (mundane or what?). Not cheap things. Then into my mind drifted "I wonder if we'll ever get the Apple Card in the UK?". I suspect not. I'd have one.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:23 am 

You know fate's going to ruin your whole day when guests turn up after you've just spent the past hour farting out last night's Chinese takeaway and haven't had time to get in the shower.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:48 pm 

My VM landline was playing up. It was not accepting incoming calls though was OK to call out. I only found out because someone told me. It could have been dead for ages. Aaaanyway, rang VM and the only fix they offered was to switch to VOIP. It will happen soon anyway so why not now? "Copper" phone lines are being killed off for all by the end of 2025. All my comms kit is on UPS so short power outages should not affect it.

The adapter came today. I did all the rewiring and alas, no dial tone. Tried this, that, lead swaps, checking Panasonic compatibility and after some searching, discovered that I needed to connect to the Tel1 socket. I had used Tel2 (it is dark in the Hub corner and I guessed). Simple fix. Now all those scammers will be able to get through again.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:20 am 

My VM landline was switched to VOIP March last year.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:59 am 

I bet you did it right first time :roll:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:40 am 

This was an odd one...

Among the list of progs I might want on EyeTV is Fleetwood Mac - a family favourite. Today there was one entry on the list, so clicked on it and was faced with a cookery programme, Great British Menu on BBC2. Fairly puzzled, I carried on reading the description and came to a stop at "Fleetwood Mackerel..."

:roll: In case anyone is interested, it's scheduled for Monday July 31, 2.30pm.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

:lol:

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:16 pm 

Just paid my tax bill. Ouch.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:33 pm 

Didn't you say that last year! Maybe you should set up another account, transfer into it by SO every month, for just such an occurrence! I think I said last time, you must earn too much money! Ha ha

I'm on PAYE and I had a very surprising letter from HMRC last month. I saw a brown envelope in the letterbox - oh my god it's from HMRC. I wonder what they want?

Dear Mr Blobs,

We have re-calculated your tax bill and we have overcharged you by £466. Please log on to claim it. It arrived in my account within about three days of my claim. :shock:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:28 am 

I say it every 6 months as that's when I have to pay my tax. Money gets moved into a tax account every time I get an invoice paid. It's the only way to ensure that I don't spend it.

I've only every had one tax refund, way back when I was about 18 - it was about £10 if I remember correctly. No I couldn't retire on it.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:26 am 

My Twitter/X account has been cleared and deactivated for deletion after thirty days. I didn't follow anyone and didn't use it except for the odd message to a company. No point having it. No alternatives used.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:19 am 

My M1 iMac won’t power up. Dash blast.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:24 am 

It did eventually boot. To get a warranty fix I'd have to take it to an Apple Store or an Authorised dealer. In both cases they are remote locations (from me) and the logistics of parking and lugging the thing through streets does not appeal. I'll try and ring Apple later.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393  Next

Board index » Couch