[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:43 am 

I had my chat. Apple do not give a poop unless I take it to them or their agent. I'm stumped for now.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:13 am 

When my iMac developed a fault under warranty, Apple collected from my home, fixed then delivered it back.

I'd ring again and complain.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:06 am 

It was an online chat rather than a 'phone call. I saved it as a Note for reference. Here's what Karon wrote: "I can totally understand it would be an inconvenient for you taking the Mac to a store however for iMacs only the in store option is available".

I contacted the Authorized [sic] Repair place by email and they replied it would have to he taken to them or Apple and they won't collect. Also that either shop would send it to their central depot and it would be away maybe a week and I'd have to go get it.

It did fire up this morning so maybe they'd say there is b-all wrong with it.

Seems the collection option is no longer available. I searched to see if I could find something but didn't find anything. Either lazy searching or it is not a thing fro iMacs any more.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:39 am 

For the last week or so, this has been sleeping in my garden during the day. It picks the same spot (more or less). I don't know why I'm so honoured. I wish it would relocate. It probably ate all the fairies :lol: I spotted fox poo a few weeks ago so guessed one was about. The pic is a bit grainy I know but it is full zoom on iPhone and cropped in Preview.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:28 pm 

I'm looking forward to the Apple Event this evening. I've had plans for an iPhone 15 of some sort for a while. However, Apple seem to have taken black and grey out of their palette and I am not one for other colours, except maybe silver at a push. I am not looking forward to seeing the £:$ difference as lately the UK really gets shafted by Apple that way.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting very slow response times from the forum lately and too many General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] MySQL server has gone away [2006] messages.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:26 pm 

Hmmm... just had trouble logging in just now. Didn't give any info, but took several goes.

--------------------------------

Watching a 1969 TV prog about running a rock band at the time; one musician told us that setting up a band cost about £1,000 - "around 2,500 US dollars".

Wow - What went wrong? :o

(Don't worry, that's rhetorical...! )

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:45 pm 

^ We still await your email problem outcome.

Yay the 15 comes in black. Shame is they made me want a Watch 9 as well :(

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:11 pm 

Consarn it! The Watch 9 (in a model i could afford at a stretch) is only in pink (yuck!), midnight (that's blue, not black or grey), starlight (eh?), silver and red. Also the strap colours and types are crap imo.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:10 am 

I just looked out of a window and thought "cripes, it has turned misty" but then it dawned on me that no, filthy glass. I really should do something about it but then I'm lazy and the spiders won't like being evicted, so there's two reasons why not.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:58 am 

I ordered an iPhone 15 yesterday. Because I went for the 0% credit deal, it was 'on hold' for a while even after being approved. It has just now finally ticked on to 'being processed'. What a faff. I'll pay up front next time.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:52 pm 

Apart from the Apple things, a few hours were spent assembling Ikea stuff. It actually went well and no blisters from the screwdriver like I usually get on the palm of my hand. I'm obviously soft :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:33 pm 

Good to see the site back! I was getting a suspended page URL with a blank page for a while. I thought it needed 50p in the meter or the gerbil in the wheel had passed but maybe contributions are needed?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry, my fault.
Added the 50p in the meter.
Due to me forgetting that Hostgator use a very old email address that I no longer use, I hadn’t got the payment reminders :roll:
Took a while to get sorted out as I had to re-enable the old account. Good job I still have access to the domain and account still.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393  Next

Board index » Couch