Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » For Sale/Wanted

Forum rules

Please post in the title when the item is sold or wanted items are found.
One thread per sale/want.

Commercial/business ads will be deleted.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:00 am 

Hello folkies!

I'm on the scrounge, I'm afraid. I need to replace my phone but, not being on a contract (I have no credit history due to the fact I'm on benefits) Vodafone ain't gonna give me one for nowt so I thought that, as you're all BOUND to be rushing out to replace yours with an iPhone 4S :D , I thought this would be a good time to ask...

The phone I had half-inched I hated anyway; it was a Tocco Lite and it had just about the most annoying, irritating, infuriating, frustrating touch screen on Earth (can ya tell I wasn't really overly enamoured of it...?! :lol:) especially after using the one on the Touch.

I'd still prefer a touch screen phone, just one a little more responsive, and with a larger screen. There actually isn't a Vodafone shop round here, so the only place I can look for network-independent phones is Carphone Warehouse, and the ones in the local store (which isn't overly big) go from cheap and crappy to stupidly expensive.

So I thought that I'd ask on here, as I know how generous you folks are... :D

So, if anyone has anything they could spare someone who's pretty much skinted (I'm having to replace all my clothes too - and that's costing me dear, especially as I'm now a small person (even on my extremely bloated days I have to admit that I'm no longer remotely overweight...).

Thank you folks!

Sarah xxx

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:55 am 

You can buy a pay-as-you-go phone for £10!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:01 pm 

Klaus,

I know, but I know I have to have a certain kind of thing (it's Aspie in me - I've had cheap phones before and, like the Tocco they've irritated the hell outta me - to the point where I've actually smashed several in frustration).

This is what I find folk find hard to understand. If something proves too frustrating then I simply can't use it. I'd been considering ditching the Tocco for years, but I'd just not found anything to replace it I liked better (other than an iPhone!)

Forgive the tone of this, but I've spent most of the day in tears over one thing and another and I'm really not in any fit state to be nice to anyone. It's not you...

Sarah xxx

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:45 pm 

Did you manage to cancel the iPod touch you ordered Sarah ? If so, why not put the cash towards an iPhone ? You ca pick up a 3GS for the price of the new iPod touch's.

Just a thought.

And I sympathise with the day you're having, I'm a Neurotypical but also a support worker for people on the spectrum, not that I know how you feel btw.

Macbook Pro 2.53 ghz - OSX Yosemite
iPhone 6 64GB (White) Unlocked
iPhone 5 16gb (white) Unlocked
iPhone 3G 16GB
iPad 2 16gb Wi-fi
G4 iMac
iPod photo
Ipod Touch 4g 8gb
iPod Nano 4gb
Apple TV
1961 Vespa VBB150

Board index » For Sale/Wanted